Sadly- I think- we haven't done much character animation at Noroff. So the training I had before the project sums up to no more than two months. However- my boyfriend Chris bought me the Keith Lango VTS for Christmas. Its a goldmine- and I've watched hours and hours of them. But still I haven't had much time practising my animation skills.
My previous experience is that I animate about 10 sec animation per week.. With a little math- I soon realised that this would absolutely NOT do if I were to reach the deadline.. Then I was told by Deryck..that his animators on "The Lion of Judah" animated about 5 seconds a day. "WHAT"?! I thought.. Who could do that? What kind of super pro animators did he have?? Actually just TWO "pro" animators he had.. and the
rest of them was pretty fresh from school if I understood him right.. So I decided to think like this: If they could do it, then I can do it. I CAN do it, and I WILL do it. So I started to "compete" with Derycks animators.
At first I had no chance..five seconds a day..no way.. However..very shortly I worked faster..and some days I actually made 5 seconds a day. Keep in mind though..my character has no fingers, feet or advanced facials. Actually this was some of the reason for me to choose this particular story in the first place.. I knew that my characters would look simple, and therefore I would not struggle more than necessary with skinning and animation.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar